• sorry I was away, will make a post on why soon

Let's discuss the Minassian tape

Caamib

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

I am watching it right now, will comment later. Supposedly taken only few hours after the attack.

Caamib

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Watched it.

This is... It's more bizzare than I thought it would be.

Now, believe me, I am not a conspiracy theorist. The only people who called me that were braindead Americans to whom that is an insult like "asshole" but they could never explain which conspiracy theories I believe. They spouted off something about me believing women had a conspiracy to create feminism or whatever but that is not what I believe so their attempts were ridiculous.

But this thing... It almost looks like a false flag.

The guy is just too calm and blase for somebody who did what he did hours (or even days !) ago. Wouldn't he be heavily medicated or whatever? Why isn't he under some guard? He could jump on that person questioning him easily. On the other hand, I don't know much about police work so maybe I'm spouting nonsense.
He seems to be saying lines he learned by heart. It seems artificial, fake...

Bizarre.

Anyway, he spouts the usual "new incel" bs where he equates incel with a mere lack of sex, uses cultist terms like Stacies, equates Chads with alpha males (showing he understands nothing about types of males). The content is idiotic, but the way he lays it out seems bizarre and creepy.

Last edited:

Caamib

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mix autism, stupidity, and new incel thinking, and this is what you get. I am a strong believer in Hanlon's razor.
I saw that post you made on it with Hanlon's razor and I am closer to your view. That's why I'm saying that it almost seems like a fake. If it's real it's just fucking heartbreaking.

Also, another aspect I fogot - he says he talked to ER himself. This seems quite a coincidence. I briefly saw ER's post on Sluthate in May 2014. He posted very rarely. He wasn't that active in those communities. It just seems like some bad elaboration of a hoax.

Caamib

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Seriously, what were the chances of these 2 guys meeting on Reddit? That's.... weird.

He seems to be saying lines he learned by heart. It seems artificial, fake...
I got that impression as well. For whatever reason, the interview begins with having him give a definition of "the incels" and not the crime itself, which just occurred hours ago. As soon as he starts talking, he comes across as though he was reading from an article penned by the sort of generic "expert in online radicalism" that supplies facile opinions whenever a broadcast corp happens to be doing a special report ("well, the In-Cels, which stands for involuntarily celibate, are typically young males...").

Of course, the fact that Minassian is genuinely autistic may have a good deal to do with his teleprompter delivery, but it's strange phrasing regardless.

Seriously, what were the chances of these 2 guys meeting on Reddit? That's.... weird.
Whatever the case may be though, I am very sure that this is totally fake. Either he was coached into it in order to astroturf "the incel movement" as a defined and coordinated group stretching back for years - one that demands swift and merciless action post haste - or he was just bluffing to impress his audience (and he seems like the type to want to do that).

Whatever the case, I am sure he never had contact with ER, or - even as his yet more absurd claim goes - with Chris Harper-Mercer, who posted anonymously on 4chan and didn't show himself off on forums like ER.