• sorry I was away, will make a post on why soon

When did the severe decline we're seeing in the last years start, according to you?

The most recent decline started in...

• Around 2000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Around 2003-2004 (Iraq war, flip-phones, Beyonce, Bush - Kerry election )

• 2005-2007 (Bush second term, height of the housing bubble, MySpace era)

• 2009-2011 (Obama's first term, appearance of MRAs, early smartphones,, Twitter/Tumblr)

• After 2015 ( Trump's presidency, big tech social media censorship, "new incels", alt right weakens)

• Total voters

Caamib

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
In this thread I don't want to be talking about stuff like the 19th Amendment, sexual revolution in the 1960s or things like that. Those were disastrous events but I want to talk about a more recent decline in the recent years. A decline that happened after 2000 at least.. When did this start according to you?

When did the fertility rate peak? If you want an objective measurement of when shit started to go south, that's a good one.

One could argue, we're better off in some ways than we were, say, 20 years ago, because at least we're more aware of the problems now (partly because they're more blindingly obvious than ever, because feminism is a club we're getting hit over the head with).

However, people still seem to have no idea what they're going to do about those problems, other than wait for civilization to collapse, and then rebuild. The restrictions on our ability to speak and organize tie our hands. And I would say 2018 is when the censorship really ramped up, and that this year has just been a mopping-up of what remained; but that was triggered by the fact that we were starting to get to a position where we represented a threat.

Caamib

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
When did the fertility rate peak? If you want an objective measurement of when shit started to go south, that's a good one.
As I explain here,, this is a thread on very recent times. You voted for "before 2000" so let me tell you what your vote means in this context. It means that you believe that things already went really south in the 90s or so. If you voted that things went badly before 2000 because of something like even first wave feminism (which I agree with) your vote is pointless here because this thread talks about manifestations and end results, not deep causes.

One could argue, we're better off in some ways than we were, say, 20 years ago, because at least we're more aware of the problems now (partly because they're more blindingly obvious than ever, because feminism is a club we're getting hit over the head with).
Yeah, this is true. Very few people thought that something like first wave feminism was already a horror in 1999 or so, because they didn't feel the disastrous effects that much at the time.

However, people still seem to have no idea what they're going to do about those problems, other than wait for civilization to collapse, and then rebuild. The restrictions on our ability to speak and organize tie our hands. And I would say 2018 is when the censorship really ramped up, and that this year has just been a mopping-up of what remained; but that was triggered by the fact that we were starting to get to a position where we represented a threat.
Still, we also failed to build alternative platforms. Gab, Telegram, Voat, all pretty empty. This forum is just a tiny flicker as well. You can criticize me and there's a lot to criticize but if something like Voat is still very small you can see how difficult it is to build a decentralized Internet.

Still, we also failed to build alternative platforms. Gab, Telegram, Voat, all pretty empty. This forum is just a tiny flicker as well. You can criticize me and there's a lot to criticize but if something like Voat is still very small you can see how difficult it is to build a decentralized Internet.
If it started to be successful, it would come under more attack. That's why we got attacked so fiercely in 2018 -- because we were starting to be successful.

It's a cat-and-mouse thing; the cat will let the mouse wriggle around till it starts to seem like it's about to escape; then it grabs it again.

Let's say Voat started to be successful. Then probably their DDoS protection and other infrastructure would get yanked.

Caamib

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I am not so sure that you got attacked in 2018 because you were that successful. You were becoming a bit more visible but you were mostly reported by those freaks on a certain subreddit (let's not mention these cretins). The problem was that DreamHost and that Russian host were very weak and folded immediately. Let us hope that our current host is a bit stronger in that regard for this site will come under attack. The only question is when.

I don't know who hosts Voat but still, the problem remains - it doesn't grow. It's active in Politics subverse and not much else. The same 100 or so people. Still, this gave me an idea to promote on Voat. A good place to recruit, though I'm not sure an average Voat user is exactly what we want. But it's still above Reddit intellectually.

Last edited:
I am not so sure that you got attacked in 2018 because you were that successful. You were becoming a bit more visible but you were mostly reported by those freaks on a certain subreddit (let's not mention these cretins). The problem was that DreamHost and that Russian host were very weak and folded immediately. Let us hope that our current host is a bit stronger in that regard for this site will come under attack. The only question is when.

I don't know who hosts Voat but still, the problem remains - it doesn't grow. It's active in Politics subverse and not much else. The same 100 or so people. Still, this gave me an idea to promote on Voat. A good place to recruit, though I'm not sure an average Voat user is exactly what we want. But it's still above Reddit intellectually.
Nah man, the Russian host fucked me over more than they needed to. They could've let me have my data at least, but they didn't.

Caamib

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nah man, the Russian host fucked me over more than they needed to. They could've let me have my data at least, but they didn't.
I know but that wasn't my point. The point was simply that they and DreamHost simply folded as if they were made out of paper.

Seems to me like everything "appeared" normal up until 9/11. A LOT of people (random Youtube comments even on videos that have nothing to do with Incel or related issues) consider that the time when the "90's vibe" officially ended.

I was too young to remember the 90's that vividly, but I get a sense that nearly the entirety of the population was still living in blissful ignorance of our gradual degradation because it hadn't become obvious or severe enough yet. Since the end of the 20th century, awareness of our degradation seems to be increasing at an exponential rate (of course, the internet plays a major role too) and people are far more pessimistic about the present and the future when compared to any decade prior to the 2000s.

True we have been fucked since the 1960's at least, technically speaking. Society has been in a "Walking Ghost" phase ever since, but it seems to me like the manifest illness took until the 2000's for its emergence.

fschmidt

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is a difficult question since there has been continuous decline for decades. So I will vote based on when modern culture became so bad that it deserved complete extermination which was around 2014.